In many parts of the world, air conditioning is more of a necessity than a luxury aircon servicing singapore. Keeping indoor spaces cooled to a comfortable temperature isn’t always easy, and we should have plenty of respect for the equipment that makes it possible. In order to get a long and reliable life out of your air conditioner, you should operate it in an intelligent manner. This means making sensible temperature choices and giving your unit the regular maintenance it needs. Here are some details.
* One quick maintenance task that requires no specialized expertise whatsoever is verifying that all of your external air conditioning equipment is drawing air properly. Check fans and condensers for obstructions that might be caused by loose yard debris. Make a habit of keeping the area around your A/C equipment free of clutter.
* This clearing of your external equipment should extend to keeping your plants in check. You might not see any threat in a stalk of grass that’s starting to poke into your condenser unit, but a few week’s worth of growth can turn a non-issue into a serious problem. Trim back all of the vegetation in the area, and refrain from planting trees or shrubs close to your units if at all possible.
* Your A/C units need to be kept secure against the possible intrusion of wild or feral animals. Air conditioners make tempting dens for a variety of different creatures, but the combination of live animals with electricity and moving equipment is a dangerous one. Make sure that your units’ covers and grilles are all secure against rats and other animals. Patch any holes as soon as you spot them.
* Replace the blower filters in your A/C system at least twice a year. If your system has a re-usable filter, clean it according to the manufacturer’s directions. Keep in mind that you may need to clean or replace your filter more frequently if there is a lot of dust in the air.
* Air conditioning intakes should be cleaned with bleach. This should be done at roughly three-month intervals. This prevents mold from growing and eliminates unpleasant odors and potential clogs.
* Use a sturdy brush to clean accumulated dust and debris off the evaporator coil. This job is best performed once a year before the start of the cooling season.
* Prior to the main cooling season, turn your air conditioner on full blast. Confirm that it’s producing cold air and listen carefully for rattling, banging, or other unusual sounds. Catching a potential problem early and dealing with it before your A/C is really needed will typically be the most cost-effective way to keep it running properly.
A good air conditioning system is a significant investment. It’s definitely worth a little bit of your time to see that your air conditioner gets the maintenance it needs. Being conscientious about caring for your air conditioner also helps to keep its operating costs down, saving you significant amounts of money in the long run. Basic cleaning and maintenance will ensure that your air conditioner continues to pump out cold air for many years to come.